Everyone is familiar with the Scuola Grande di San Marco, which dominates the northern side of the Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo, but few are aware of its much smaller and less ornate cousin, which is tucked into the side of the great Dominican church after which the square is named.
The Scuola di San Vincenzo Ferrer was long hidden behind the scaffolding which had been erected for the restoration of San Zanipolo, but some of this came down last year revealing the scuola for the first time in years.
The door jambs are carved with delightful images of two of the Dominican saints to whom the scuola is dedicated, San Vincenzo Ferrer and San Pietro Martire.
The building later housed the Scuola del Santissimo Nome di Dio.
Embedded into the end wall is a cross with the date 1653 and the letters S.N.D.B. (SIT NOMEN DOMINI BENEDICTUM Blessed be the name of the Lord).